IRA Rollover: In 2015, Congress enacted a permanent extension of IRA Charitable Rollover. As a result, individuals age 70½ or older can make gifts directly from their IRA to charity without having to claim the distribution as taxable income.
IRA Charitable Rollover:
You may be looking for a way to make a big difference to help further our mission. If you are 70½ or older you may also be interested in a way to lower the income and taxes from your IRA withdrawals. An IRA charitable rollover is a way you can help continue our work and benefit this year.
Benefits of an IRA charitable rollover
- Avoid taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to our organization
- Satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year
- Reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions
- Make a gift that is not subject to the 50% deduction limits on charitable gifts
- Help further the work and mission of our organization
How an IRA charitable rollover gift works
- Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift from your IRA to CLC.
- Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to CLC to help continue our important work.
- Please note that IRA charitable rollover gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction.
- Please contact us if you wish for your gift to be used for a specific purpose.
How to make an IRA rollover gift to benefit Christ Lutheran Church
To make an IRA charitable rollover gift to CLC, simply contact your IRA custodian and request that an amount be transferred directly to Christ Lutheran Church. Your gift can be cash or stock in any amount up to $100,000.
- If you are gifting cash, direct your custodian to make your gift to:
Christ Lutheran Church
700 County Hwy B
Stoughton WI 53589
Federal Tax ID# 39-0838738
- When you make an IRA gift to CLC, please email or call us and let us know. We’ll need your name, address, and phone number so we can properly credit you when your gift arrives.
CLC <Eileen@CLCstoughton.org> 608-873-9353
If you have any questions about an IRA charitable rollover gift, please contact Gloria at CLC she will have some one reply your inquiry.